Days passed ! but there is no change in the golu . as usual three steps ! same toys !
After my marriage my in law family does not celebrate this kind of golu . But i wanted to celebrate it waiting for the right time ! it happened on 2009 ! we spend some quiet good amount on golu steps and toys 🙂 started off with 5 steps !, every year we get new toys ofcourse i should say my in laws relatives they gift some more toys … so now
i am proudly arranged 7 steps ! i have separately kept the vaikundam step, i arranged some brindhavan set, and more over i have village set and cricket . it was tiring day more pain , but after finishing all the work when i see my toys i am really proud of myself, this is one of my dream comes true.
IDEAS AND TIPS:
- Arrange your golu steps some four days prior so that you get some breathing time for arranging the toys avoid last minute preparation
- Put white cloth over the steps make sure it is washed properly and also not ironed ! because you can see the folds when u spread it over the steps if u have ironed the cloth. avoid ironing.
- Plan your sundal for every day properly
- one week before collect all your items like manjal, kumkum, bangles,mehendi powder, eye liner
- collect some kids accesories for small girls like clip, band, hair bow, color bindi
- collect some small tifin box for small boys.
- make sure your are invinting every one and not to club your relatives and friends.
- do buy some carry cover! most of the people ask
- every day take arthi in the night after finishes must one
- For small girls pack the items in a gift wraper ! they love it !
- Get some extension or four board pin box so that u can arrange some lights !
- you can even decorate the side of your gollu by using some artifical flowers
Seven Step Gollu – First step has all the tall toys From L TO R : Meenakshi, Nagavalli amman, Pillayar, Durgai, Vishnu
The above picture has the fourth step which is Ashtalakshmi !
Fifth step has Kalyana set + 60th Marriage Set . Sixth step has Kuberar set + Small Tree ambal set + Murugar navapalam Ovaiyar Set, last one is pillayar,saraswathi and lakshmi set and the last one is marapachi and Chettiar Set !
Brindhavan SEt Krishna withGopika
Village set – nagavalli pooja + south aunthentic dance Karakattam
village set – dhobi, and small temple , tribal visit to village
next to village there is a playground – cricket set
The Entire Set
My painting – Radha krishna near river side
Happy navarathiri ! To my fellow bloggers as well as readers!