Learn how to make Dal Tadka with step by step pictorial explanation .
i opt for Roti a lot than rice 🙂 Perfect Roti ! i like there simple dal tadka ! wow if u are in chennai please visit perfect place for north indian vegetarian
Prep + cooking time – 20min
no of serve – 3
Toor dal – 200gm
tomato – 1 big size
Turmeric – 1tsp
salt – as required
hing – 1 tsp
Mustard – 1 tsp
jeera – 1tbsp
Green chilly – 2 nos
oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander – to Garnish
- Cook the toor dal with tomato by adding the salt, tumeric and hing. once cooked smash it nicely.
- Heat the Kadai and add the oil once heat add the mustard once crackled add the jeera and green chilly and saute for a minute
- Thats all Ready go and have with Steam Rice or jeera Rice
- Toor dal should be cooked nicely , you should not find whole dal it should be smashed .
- Adding tomato is adding the flavour
- no compromise on Jeera
- if need you can replace oil with ghee or butter