Taste is creamy and rich. my milk is not that rich i should say its balanced. i adjusted according to my family taste. while u are extracting the milk adjust according to your family taste. refer my notes if the milk is thick.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chilly – 2 nos
Green peas – 1/2 cup
coconut milk – 2 cup
Rice – 1 cup
Onion – 2 nos medium size
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Star anise – 3 petals
Salt – as required
Ghee – 1 tsp
refined oil – 3tbsp
Soak the rice for 30 minutes.
Heat the kadai and add the 2 tbsp of refined oil and add the chopped onion and fry it and keep aside.
In the same pan add the rest of the 1 tbsp of oil and add the cinnamon and star anise . Saute for a minute. Then add the ginger garlic paste and green chilly saute till raw smell goes. then add the Green peas and add the required amount of salt. saute for 5 minutes.now add the ghee.Then add the soaked rice and mix well
add the 2 cup of coconut milk and mix well and close the pan. let it be in the low flame for 10 to 12 minutes. Then open the pan and check ! your Creamy version of Green peas pulao is ready .
Before serve add the the fried onion and mix well. well go with raitha , curd and pickle too !
- Make sure your coconut milk is not too thick .if thats the case just add 1 cup milk and 1 cup water.
- 1 cup rice required 2 cups of coconut milk
- i added less masala if u want u add a bit more according to your family taste.
- always use fresh green peas.
- if u are using cooker doesnot require whistle. your rice wll be cooked in the low flame itself. subject to that if u soak it.
- Soaking is very imp since we are doing it in pan.