Ghee – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Bay leaf – 1 no
Cinnamon – 1 stick
elachi – 2 (small ) or else 1 big
star – 3 piece
black stone flower – 2 piece
Marati moggu – 1 small piece (english name not known)
(all this spices are available in one packet – so u can get that instead of buying it separate)
onion – 1 no finely chopped
Mixed vegetables – 2 cup ( green peas , potato, carrot, beans ~ veggies i used)
Salt – as required
Garlic – 7 nos (without skin)
Ginger – 1 piece (i inch)
green chilly – 2 no
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coconut – 1/2 cup (shredded or grated)
Fried gram – 3 tbsp
Green chilly – 3 nos
cashew – 7 nos
Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1 piece (divide the onion in to 4 and take one piece )
Pre- preparation :
Boil the veggies by adding the required amt of salt
Grind the paste 1 and paste 2
Heat the kadai and add the ghee and oil once heat , add the bay leaf by crushing it , then add all the masala items – use ur mortal before u add the masala items in the kadai – just a crush makes the aroma!
saute for a minute then add the onion , saute till it changes it colors , then add the paste 1 saute till the raw smell goes. then add the boiled veggies and mix well and adjust salt . saute for 3 minutes.
Now add the paste 2 and required amt of water and mix well allow it to boil for some 10 minutes in the low medium flame ! garnish with coriander ! serve hot !
well go with idiyappam and chapathi and white rice and dosai !
Do check my saravana Bhavan Sambhar too
- While adding the fried gram make sure u are adding the right measurment this one thicken the gravy much so be care on that part
- Also u can soak the cashew, poppy seeds and fennel seeds for 20 minutes before u grind ! this makes the paste more smoother.
- Do add all the masala items the flavour says it all
- Do crush it so that it cook well otherwise u feel the raw smell .
- Do not add tomato and beet root as it spoils the kuruma color
- adjust the green chilly according to your family taste.
- Do not add any other spicy powder as it spoils the kuruma color.
- Do not saute the onion much as it tend to change the entire color of the kuruma !