Its is entirely differ from idiyappam 🙂 But most of the people think both are same ! hope i am clear and so as u .
Idiyappam is all time favourite i would like to have with coconut milk 🙂 But now i am addicted to my Saravana bhavan Kuruma ! Generally amma use to prepare idiyappam in our child hood 🙂 she has her own machine which she wll use it is tasty and yummy ! Also amma makes some variation ! i do not mention here i wll prepare and update the variations ! 😛
After coming to blog world ! i tried idiyappam three times seriously i failed 🙂 i had a problem in the squeezing part ! every time i tried with different proportions inspite all that i failed ! I have Neighbour aunty who is master in kitchen ! all time she wll be available in the kitchen only 🙂 and do more variations !
When i was asking her she said this method is pretty easy actually i soaked for idly dosai batter 🙂 she said ur job is pretty easy 🙂 then ~ u can grind the idiyappam batter and clean finally 🙂 i did it and i got the flavoured idiyappam !
Boiled Rice – 2 cup
Salt – as required
Gingelly oil – 2 tbsp
Soak the boiled rice for one hour and grind it in the grinder by adding the required amt of salt . Now heat the kadai and pour the gingelly oil once heat add the batter and saute for 3 minutes. u can see the batter getting solid. like dough stage.
off the flame and mix well by using your hand . take a required amt of dough and make a center and pour some oil and smash well because this one u can ensure that there is no lump in the dough so easy u can squeeze. Take the machine and required acchu ,and pour the dough in the machine and close well .
take the idiyappam plate or idly plate Grease it with oil, Now start squeezing the dough and make 2 circle enough ! so that u can easily steam the idiyappam or else it wont steam if u make 3 or more. steam it for 3 to 4 minutes.
All right ur healthy and tasty idiyappam is ready ! serve with milk and sugar or coconut milk , u can do variation by using this ! that we can see later in this website !
Check out my video of how to squeeze the idiyappam :
- Instead of grinding u can use rice flour where as u need to add the hot warm water for making the dough ! i failed some 2 to 3 times in this method ! this one i feel pretty much comfort ! so adopted it ! cleaning the grinding is the task 🙂 but for the taste we can do this method!
- Do use boiled rice , this gives flavour and healthy !
- Not to squeeze the dough for more than 2 circle ur idiyappam wont steam !
- If u have problem in squeeze do add little warm water and mix
- U need to grease the idiyappam machine too for getting it more easy