This can be done in open kadai method too , Subject to that soaking of rice should be 1 hr than 20 minutes, This coconut milk rice is spicy, tasty , creamy and ur tongue expect more whenever u have a bit !
So all ready to prepare when u have your favorite guest?
Thin Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cinnamon – 1 piece
Bay leaf – 1 big leaf
Onion – 1 big finely sliced
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chilly – 3 nos finely slit
Salt – as required
Oil – 2 tbsp
Rice – 1 cup
water – 1cup
Soak the Rice in the water for 20 minutes
Heat the pressure cooker and add the Ghee + oil once heat add the crushed bay leaf and cinnamon and saute till raw smell goes , then add the Green chilly saute for a minute
Now add the chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes in low medium flame! then add the ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes
Now add the soaked rice and adjust salt saute for minute let it blend well , Then add the one cup then coconut milk and one cup water , allow it boil once boiling stage starts , Cover the pressure cooker and place the whistle allow it leave 2 whistle , then keep the flame in low. let it be there for 10 minutes. off the flame Wait till it leaves the pressure ! open and see the creamy rice , and just give a mix !
All READY TO GO
- Use Thin coconut milk Because if u use thick milk it w’ll be super heavy if at all u want thick milk half the recipe ! that is use 1/2 cup thick coconut milk and 1 1/2 cup water
- you can use Basmathi Rice too !
- Adding mint gives more flavor
- we are not adding any spicy powder so adjust the spicy according to family taste!
- if needed u can add a two green chilly along with Ginger garlic paste !
- the original recipe calls for 1 cup rice = 2 cup coconut milk that too thick ! Its not at all good ! so i changed the recipe still it has the creamy texture !