I always wanted to know what is this 65 stands for ? if u have any other info other than this would be appreciable !
But wiki says !
- Chicken 65 is alleged to be a dish introduced in 1965 at the famous Buhari Hotel restaurant in Chennai by its founder A.M.Buhari, a pioneer in the South Indian food industry. They also offer Chicken 78, Chicken 82 and Chicken 90, introduced in 1978, 1982 and 1990 respectively.Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati (Season 1), featured Chicken 65 as a Buhari invention and also Siddarth Basu’s Quiz Time in Doordarshan in the 90’s featured it too. The launch of the Chicken 65 in the year 1965 was welll documented with advertisements in national dailies like The Hindu and A.M.Buhari didnt want to monopolize the product by patenting the recipe which would hinder the global popularity of the product.
- The dish is said to require 65 days to prepare the marinade, but this is unlikely for reasons of freshness and flavour.[clarification needed]
- One account claims that the dish emerged as a simple meal solution for Indian soldiers in 1965.[clarification needed]
- Another account claims that it is a dish containing 65 chilli peppers devised by an enterprising hotelier.
- The name is also claimed to relate to a requirement for the meat to be from 65-days-old chickens.[clarification needed]
- Yet another source claims that northern Indian army soldiers frequented a military canteen in Chennai. Its menu were written in Tamil, the local language. As most of the soldiers could not read Tamil, they made their choice by citing the number of the dish on the menu. The dish’s popularity spread among the soldiers by word of mouth. They’d simply ask for “number 65”; soon, the dish officially became to be known as Chicken 65. (Source http://www.vahrehvah.com)[unreliable source?]
- Some food critics credit its invention to Ananth Reddy Mandra, a cooking prodigy from Hyderabad who is said to have mastered 65 cuisines from across the sub-continent. According to some, he took elements from all the 65 cuisines to perfect one dish.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
cooking time :30 minutes
Gram flour – 150 gm
corn flour – 2 tbsp
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
pepper powder – 1 tsp
salt – as required
Oil – to deep fry
Cauliflower – 2 cups (washed, cleaned,semi boiled )
Clean the Cauliflower and wash twice and keep it in the boiled water for 20 minutes ! so that i cooks semi half !
Take a wide bottomed vessel and add the flour, spicy powder and salt mix well and add little water and make a thick batter ! the consistency should be dosai batter !
now take a cauliflower and dip it in the batter and deep fry it ! once fried transfer to tissue paper to absorb the oil and once finished add little chat masala powder and mix well Serve hot
Well go with KEBAB CHUTNEY
- Instead of Cauliflower u can try the same with Mushroom !
- If u want u can tandoori spicy powder
- Make sure u wash the cauliflower properly