From my child hood once mango season starts i ask amma to prepare two items it is pickle thats instant version which i uploaded last year in my blog another one is a sweet pachadi version ! this is defintely a finger licking recipe ! kids favourite !
You can spread this sweet pachadi between two bread and have a bite 🙂 its divine !
jaggery – 150 gm
Water – 500 ml
Raw mango – 1 large (Wash and cut in to big chunks remove the seed part)
Elachi – 1 tsp
Add the jaggery in the water and leave aside for 1 hour, by that time it mix with the water! and filter it completely to remove the dust and stone from the jaggery !
Boil the raw mango in the water, make sure its boiled well Not very mushy ! Smash the mango completely if u do not want to see the mango
Heat the kadai and the jaggery water allow it to boil , not one string consistency ! it should be thick enough !
Now add the boiled mango and stir continously at one point u can see it wont stick in to the kadai ! Thats the stage add elachi and mix well !
- Some people temper this mango pachadi with mustard seeds and red chilly
- Some times they add curry leaves too !
- While boiling the mango u can add pinch of salt !
- Adjust the water level according to the consistency !
- Do not make one string consistency otherwise it wll become Jam!