Red chilly – 5 to 6
Urad dal – 2 tbsp
Channa dal – 2 tbsp
Curry leaves – 10 to 12 leaves
Hing – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Mustard seeds – 1tbsp
Coconut – 1 cup (shredded)
To soak and Grind Like Rava
Rice – 2 cups
Curd – 2 tbsp
- Take the rice and add the 2 tbsp of curd and mix generously allow it to rest for one hour and ever 20 minutes just generously mix !
- After one hour grind it in the mixie and the texture of rice should be RAVA or Sooji
- Measure the rice and the water proportion required is 1 cup – 2 cup
once boiled add the rice and coconut and start mixing so that no lumps formed At one point it wont stick in to the kadai , thats the stage off the flame and immediately transfer the mixture to the wide bottomed plate
! take a cup of water ,and start making the shape as u seen in the picture !its is just rolling the mixture in cylindrical shape !Steam the balls in the idly steamer for 10 to 15 minutes check it once steamed off the flame
Serve with Idly milagai podi Or coconut chutney or jaggery ! But the Apt combination is Jaggery and idly chilly powder !
- Adding more coconut add the taste a lot !
- while grinding make sure the texture is like Rava