Health benefits of Red Poha or Red aval is
- Rich in Iron
- comparatively less calorie
- Easy to digest !
Red Poha or Red Aval – 1 cup ( i used semi thick not the very thick one)
Onion – 1 medium size finely chopped
Red chilly – 3 nos
Urad dal – 1tbsp
salt – as required
Oil – 1tbsp + 1tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tbsp
shredded coconut – 4 tbsp
Take a bowl and add the Red poha (aval) and sprinkle some water and mix well ! you can see the moist texture , do not add more water,it will be become stick you wont get a separated poha.
Heat the kadai and add the 1 tbsp of oil and once heat add the mustard seeds once cracked add the urad dal and broken red chilly saute till it turns to semi red , then add the onion and saute till it cooked !
Then adjust the salt and add the poha and saute for a minute and keep it in the medium flame allow the poha to cook it wll take less than 10 minutes as we already added the water ! check once cooked off the flame and pour the coconut mix well !
Serve hot ! nothing can beat this easy evening snack !
- Check the poha consistency if it is thick it wll take much time to soak add the water consistency accordingly !
- I used semi thick so it took 20 minutes also i could feel little crunchy after cooked !
- If u like peanut u can add , it gives extra crunchiness
- If u want to avoid coconut go heat ! its healthy !
- White poha can be used !
- Some ppl add jeera if u like the taste u can very well add !