White pumpkin – 2 cup cut in to semi chunks
salt – as required
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp + 1tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tbsp
curry leaves – for tempering
Curd – 1/2 cup thick
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Red chilly – 3 to 4 (adjust to the taste)
Cummin seeds – 1tsp
Heat the tawa and pour the 1 tbsp of oil once heat add the mustard seeds once cracked add the urad dal and curry leaves saute till urad dal changes it colors .Then add the white pumpkin and saute for a minute and pour the water which should be the immerse level of pumpkin .
allow it to boil till the pumpkin cooks ,then grind the items given under “To Grind “,once pumpkin cooked add the grinded coconut paste and mix well ! if needed adjust little water and adjust salt ! once every thing blends well !
Add the 1tsp of coconut oil and thick curd and make sure its in the low medium flame and mix well ! let it be in the stove for 5 minutes ! off the flame serve with hot Rice, chapathi or pulka !
- Do not use Green chilly as it will give the avial taste !
- If u want you can add fennel seeds which gives some masala flavor kootu !
- Once u add the curd keep it in low flame and stir it otherwise it wll be curdle
- Use thick curd and do not use the fresh curd Use a day before curd which works fine
- You can replace the coconut oil with normal oil
- The color changes because you used red chilly !
- boil the pumpkin separately and then temper and add the paste and add curd works well !