As i intimated earlier in my post , that paneer was introduced by my close neighbor , i shortly call her my dushman (enemy) , she is my close friend and well wisher , this PBM is her method, i can bet this gravy is more than restaurant taste, she is master in this recipe, i prepared this recipe more than 4 times, every time the result and texture and taste is same, Thank u so much Niyati 🙂 Warm hugs !
Cashew – 10 to 12
Soak the cashew in the milk for half an hour and grind it nicely !
Ginger – 1 medium size piece
Garlic – 7
Green chilly – 3 nos
Grind the above ingredients nicely and keep a side
Main ingredients :
Paneer – 1 cup (room temperature ~ learn how to make paneer at home?)
Butter – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Onion – 2 medium size finely chopped
Tomato – 2 medium size finely chopped
Tomato puree – 1/4 to 1/2 cup ( i used home made )
Red chilly powder- 2 tbsp (depends on family adjust the spicyness)
Salt – as required
Kasthuri methi leaves – 1 tbsp
Cream or Milk – 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup can be used
Green chilly – 2 cut in to two slit VERY IMP
Heat the Kadai and add the Butter once melt ,add the paneer cubes , saute then and there 🙂 let it fry, once all the side cooked , transfer in to a tissue paper !
In the same kadai add the oil , then add the chopped onion and saute till it turns semi brown ! Then add the Paste2 and saute till the raw smell goes ! then add the chopped tomatoes, saute for 3 to 4 minutes,
then add the tomato puree, and saute well (will take 5 minutes to mix it up with rest of the ingredients)
Now add the salt, red chilly powder and mix well ! if needed add little water (less than 1/4 cup ) once cooked , crush the kasthuri methi leaves in your palm and add it ! and saute well ! Once everything blend well !
Add the paste 1 and mix well , saute well ! then add the fried Paneer and saute for 5 minutes , Now add the cream or milk and mixes well (make sure the flame is in the low mode) 5 minutes is enough and off the flame !The final step is very important , Definitely it enhance the paneer taste to Restaurant style ! take the Green chilly slit in to two halves, add it to the gravy and mix well ,close the lid , open it after 10 minutes, Taste the gravy i am sure you thank me !
Serve hot with Phulka or Roti or even with Plain Rice !
- Make sure your using a Good paneer , otherwise the gravy wont be nice ! i generally use hatsun and home made, this time it was not available so i tried with milky mist brand , the taste is awesome !
- Adding cream or milk is purely optional , Both are tasty!
- Adding green chilly is very important , as i said earlier it definitely lift the gravy
- you can use store bought tomato puree too ! it works well !
- Since your grinding green chilly adjust your Red chilly according to your family taste!
- I used only milk , the taste is yummy!
- If u feel the gravy is bit thick , adjust little milk to make it semi solid , Do NOT ADD WATER.