This chutney well go with hot rice , idly and dosai , i just altered her recipe to my family taste ! if u want it you can do all the variations ! Go on and try i am sure u wont leave this recipe , its definitely a finger licking recipe ! i served along with Vazhakai curry and carrot curry !
Gingelly oil – 100 ml
fenu greek seeds – 3/4 tbsp
Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
Urad dal – 1 tbsp (preferably black if not use white one)
Red chilly – 7 to 8
Green chilly – 1
Garlic – 4 to 5
Gongura leaves – 1 full bunch
salt – as required
Wash the leaves and remove the leaves from the stalk ! No need to chop it ! Heat the kadai and add the gingelly oil (reserve two tbsp of oil ), add the methi seeds,corainder seeds and red chilly and saute for a minute, then add the dal, green chilly garlic and saute till it turns red ! then take it from the pan and allow it to cool !
In the same kadai add the leaves , at one point it changes it colors, saute till the oil oozes (not much but little) , allow it cool , now coarsely grind the dal part and add little salt and grind the leaves completely !
Now heat the kadai and add the 2 tbsp of oil ! once heat transfer to the chutney and mix well ! i am not sure about the life because mine got over in a day ! heard it will be good for 3 to 4 days ! well go with HOT rice, Dosai and idly too !
- Adjust the spicy level according to the family taste !
- I do not want more green chilly so reduced the amt and added the red chilly more !
- If u want onion u can use small one it tastes great
- Also u can omit the Garlic part if you do not want But i suggest to have it has great taste!
- Adding gingelly not only increase the taste also it has good life !