So we offer kozhukattai , vadai and payasam to god Ganesha! So after i am coming to this blog world i am preparing all stuffs ! i am quiet happy about the result as well as learning !
To make dough
Rice flour – 1 to 1 1/2 cup (you can use idiyappam flour too)
Salt – a pinch
2 cups water
Gingelly oil – 1 tsp
To make the filling
Channa dal – 1 /2 cup (1 hr soaking required)
jaggery – 1/2 (finely powdered)
Coconut – 1/4 cup shredded
Elachi – 1 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Soak the channa dal for 1 hour and pressure cook it for 3 to 4 whistle ! then allow it cool , now grind the jaggery and coconut and elachi , just give a pulse ! once done then add this channa dal and grind it completely ! it may be little semi solid ! But do not worry ! Heat the kadai and add the tsp of ghee and once heat add this grinded mixture and stir well ! at one point it wont stick to the kadai ,so off the flame ! allow it cool ! once cooled down you can make a ball size ! if you are not able to make the ball size you can a tsp of APF to get the bondage !
Now take the dough and make the shape ! you can refer my previous post of ulludhu poorana kozhukattai, to make a shape and keep the pooranam and close it and make a cone shape on the top ! do it for rest of the dough too ! whenever you are making modagam grease your palm with gingelly oil !
steam the modhagam for 10 to 15 it depends on the size !
transfer it to the serving plate!
- Make the poornam first then make the outer layer so that it won’t get dry !
- While make the outer layer always grease your fingers and palm with oil!
- Make sure the dough has not lumps while pouring the flour in the hot water!
- The shiny look of the kozhukattai shows that it is done !
- Also make sure your dough is pliable otherwise your kozhukattai may turn rubbery!
- Make sure u are sealing the kozhukattai properly so that the purnama inside the kozhukattai wont come
- Adjust water if the dough required !