i am so excited to prepare the seepu murukku , i counter checked my pantry for all ingredients i have every thing except that particular disc, I was in full mood to prepare the seepu murukku , finally ended up doing using our normal murukku disc. But no compromise on the taste. It is crunchy , tasty and have little sweet taste. Apt for the entire family who has kids and elderly people.
Rice flour – 2 cups
Powdered gram flour – 1/4 cup
Urad dal powder – 2 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
salt – as required
Hing – 1 tsp
Coconut milk – 2 cups (moderate thickness i.e neither too thick nor thin) + 2 tbsp if needed
Oil – to deep fry it
Take a wide bottomed vessel and add the ingredients given above except oil and Coconut milk. Mix well , then add the coconut milk slowly and make a soft pliable dough.
Now heat the kadai and add the required amt of oil to deep fry it. Then take your murukku mould and insert the required disc and then take required amt of dough and put in to the mould and keep pressing it, you can make a big size murukku or small one which ever you required. Either you can directly press it in the oil or do it in the big ladle as i have shown in the picture, then transfer the murukku to the Kadai.
Deep fry it and transfer in to the tissue paper for oil absorption , then transfer in to the air tight container.
- Do not pour the 2 cups immediately , slowly add and check so that you can get the right consistency
- I didn’t add any spicy powder as i want it blend and want to taste the coconut milk , if u feel you can add a tbsp of red chilly powder.
- Make sure the dough is soft and pliable
- You can use any blade in the machine, like thenkuzhal disc or mully murukku disc .
- The life time of Murkku will be less than a week since we have used Coconut milk.