Preparation time : 15 minutes
Baking time : 35 to 40 + preheating time(10minutes)
servings : 5 to 6
Recipe source: Facebook page : Garkha khana
APF – 1 1/4 cup
Milk powder – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1/2 cup (room temperature)
sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Curd – 3/4 cup
Essence – 1 tsp ( i used butter scotch – u can even use vanilla essence)
salt – a pinch
Grease the round tin with butter or all purpose flour, I have used both and it came out prettywell. Sieve the APF, Milk powder and Baking powder twice , So that its Mixes properly.
Then take wide bowl and add the butter and sugar , mix well until it mixes nicely, then add the curd and milk along with essence and salt, give a quick whisk so that it evenly mixes.
Then add the Sieved ingredients and whisk well. Do Not over do it. Gently do it. Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes, Now transfer the mixture to the greased tin and tape it once for even level. Bake at 170 degree for 35 minutes + or – (keep your eye after 30 minutes ) i slightly increased the time as i want some brown layer on the top, But it has some crack .
allow it to cool completely and invert the tin carefully , Serve warm , with Hot milk. Its yummy and dense and sweet .
- Actual recipe calls for Custard powder, Since i do not have Custard powder, So i replaced with Milk powder 1/4 cup
- Again The recipe calls for equal amt of curd and milk, I altered it with 3/4 curd and 1/4 cup milk.
- Do not add more sugar as this itself is perfect, because we have added the sugar.
- You can Round tin or bundt pan.
- May be you can cover the tin then bake can avoid the crack.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature