Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
oil – 2 tbsp
onion – 2 medium cut in to stripes
ginger garlic green chilly paste – 2 tsp ( 1 chilly , 5 garlic , 1/2 inch ginger)
Green peas – 1/4 cup (steamed)
Potato – 4 medium size
salt – as required
Sambhar powder – 2 tbsp or else use (coriander powder 1 tbsp + Red chilly powder 1 tbsp)
Turmeric – a pinch
Fennel – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few to temper
Boil the potato by adding the required amt of salt and a pinch of turmeric . Then remove the skin and keep a side. Heat the tawa and pour the oil , once heat add the mustard seeds, once cracked add the fennel along with onion and saute for a minutes, then add the ginger garlic green chilly paste and saute till raw smell goes off.
Now add the steamed green peas , and saute for 2 minutes. Then add the boiled potato and saute well so that the potato well mix with the masala’s. Then add the required amt of salt and sambhar powder.
Keep the flame in the medium , and saute till every thing blend, raw smell goes. at one point u can see the roasted potato , off the flame,temper it with curry leaves. serve it along with variety rice, sambhar rice or curd rice.
- If sambhar powder is not available replace it with coriander and red chilly powder
- Do add fennel it gives the nice masala flavor along with the paste.
- Adjust the spicy according to the family need.
- If u feel u need oil, u can add 1 more tbsp .
- I have not grind the fennel, i added it directly , u can grind the fennel with chilly garlic paste too.
- I used normal potato , u can try with baby potato too