Rice flour – 1 cup
Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Maida(APF) – 1/4 cup
Rava – 1/4 cup
sour Curd – 1/4 cup
Green chilly – 3 finally chopped
Onion – 2 medium finely chopped
Pepper(whole) – 2 tsp
Salt – as required
Water – as required to make the liquid consistency
To temper :
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
jeera – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few to temper
Take the wide bottomed vessel and pour the flour one by one,then mix well,once mixed, add the sourd curd,green chilly ,pepper and onion.
Now add the required amt of water The batter should be more liquid consistency,You can check that with the ladle, when u pour the batter it should be watery. Add salt,Then temper the items given under “To temper”and mix the tempering to the batter,leave for 30 minutes.
Now heat the tawa,it should be really hot, Then pour the batter on the tawa, i.e u should start pouring it from outside to inside, do not pour the batter on the same area,simple draw it, it should form the lacy patterns, also check its not thick in the middle. your should not pour the batter like our dosai instead you should draw from outer to inside, and sprinkle the oil and drop it where ever the hole is,
Make sure the tawa goes to medium after you pour the batter and wait the turn to flip, it will be crispy and easy to flip that time you can either flip or just fold and serve, serve it with Sambhar and other chutney’s
- The tawa should be really hot.So that it will have lacy patterns,
- Caution needed after 3 to 4 dosa made because it becomes thick so make sure u adjust with the salt and water.
- Once the idle time of the batter over,check twice about the thin consistency of the batter else add the water.
- i have directly added the onion in the batter or else you can use the while pouring the batter in the tawa or else sprinkle it on the dosai
- I have used the oil instead you can try with ghee which will have restaurant style taste.
- The moment you prepare you should serve it , it wont be good if u keep the dosai in bulk.
- If u feel the rava dosai is thick then u should add more water make it thin,
- Adding sour curd and keeping it idle for 30 minutes gives more crispy, if sour curd is not there,u can just add water.