Coming 17th is krishna jayanthi, ever time i am so happy to celebrate this function. Right from getting new idol to preparing snacks i am very happy to do. This milk kheer is very rich and tasty , and very easy to prepare with less ingredients. Even if u are a office going person u can prepare this simple kheer after you come and can offer to GOD. Off to recipe.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
cooking time : less than 0 minutes
Servings – 4 people (medium size cup )
Milk – 3/ 4 litre
Rice – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup (+ if needed it can be added ccording to the family sweet)
ghee – 2 tbsp
Cashews /dried grapes – 2 tbsp (optional)
saffron – a pinch
Heat the kadai and add the1 tbsp of ghee once melt add the rice and saute for 2 minutes, off the flame allow it to cool completely. Then grind the rice in to coarse, and keep aside.
Now take any heavy bottomed vessel or pressure cooker,if u are using pressure cooker, make sure the bottom is placed with some plate after greasing in ghee to avoid the burn. I used my general kadai ,grease the kadai with 1/2 tbsp of ghee. Then pour the milk ( i used the normal heritage milk packet with 1/4 cup of water) you can even use full cream fat milk if you wish to be rich kheer. Allow it to boil for 5 – 10 minutes, then add the coarsely grind rice, and keep the flame in medium ,stir then and there.
after 10 minutes, the Rice in the milk would have boiled well,now add the sugar and mix well for another 10 minutes, once the kheer consistency become thick off the flame, if you want you can add the fried cashew and dried grapes, i used only a pinch of saffron.it can be served as cool or hot choice is yours.
- Instead of sugar you can add the condensed milk too, caution needed as the CM is over sweet.
- Use a pinch of saffron otherwise the whole milk will have change in color.
- Make sure you are using the heavy bottomed vessel for boiling milk, otherwise there will be a burnt in the bottom.
- Also if u are using cooker, leave for one whistle after rice added.
- I used basmathi rice, double deer brand. you can use any Rice,But basmathi rice has rice texture.
- You can even substitute the sugar with condensed milk too, but be careful as the condensed milk s too sweet.