So diwali is nearing what are u preparing for the snacks? planned ? is all your flours are ready ? if not start now and enjoy the diwali. So today recipe is easy one for the beginners, who thinks making sweet is tough !
This is first time i tried atta ladoo i am happy about the out come as well as taste. This is one such easy recipe with available ingredients in our pantry . i have seen the recipe in femina cook book long time back ( in the name of atta ki pinni) , with loads of ghee,so i thought its tough to make due to over calorie.But one day my mother told me this recipe with less ghee and ask me to try. i am happy about the result. it depends on how much ghee the ladoo gets color, to differentiate it , in my finger it s with less ghee, in the palm the ladoo with extra ghee.
Do read my notes for the variations and Tips .
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
mixed nuts – 3 tbsp
elachi – 1/2 tsp
ghee – 1/4 cup ( + 2 tbsp if needed)
Heat the pan and add the wheat flour , dry roast it till the raw smell of flour goes,you can check by tasting a bit. Make sure the wheat flour is not changing in to the brown color. Off the flame.
Take the mixie jar and add the mixed nuts along with elachi and sugar , grind it nicely(powder consistency) and mix it to the wheat flour. Mix the flour and sugar mixture evenly. Now take a small kadai and melt the ghee, once melt add the melted ghee to the wheat flour mixture .
Use the spoon to mix evenly once it forms the crumbled texture, start making the ladoo shape. MAke sure your hands are dry enough . once u are able to hold the shape then do it gently otherwise it will break immediately Do the same procedure for rest of the flour too.
If u feel the color of the ladoo is not as expected u can add 2 tbsp of ghee , mine was semi white color so i added the extra 2 tbsp of ghee. it can be stored in the airtight container and stay for a week .
- I have use store bough wheat flour and the brand is ashirvada (select) . you can use your home made flour too.
- Ghee is purely depends on your need, the less it gives pale color the more it gives dark color.
- Mixed nuts are optional but i feel its good to add for kids sake.
- Make the ladoo still its warm . Otherwise it will be tough to hold the shape.
- Instead you can decorated the top of ladoo with pistachio(powdered)
- You can also add the chopped nuts instead of powdered which gives the crunchy taste in every bite of ladoo