So amma use to make poha mixture instead of making a lengthy process of our mixture. Sounds great right . Its very easy to prepare and perfect for immediate mixture cravings. All you need is less than 15 minutes and few ingredients :
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : under 15 minutes
Servings – 3 members
Thick poha – 1 cup
ground nut – 1/2 cup
Fried gram – 1 /2 cup
curry leaves – few to temper
cashew – 8 pieces
salt – a pinch
red chilly powder – 1 pinch.
Oil – for frying
Heat the kadai and pour the oil ,once hot first fry the fried gram strain before it turns in to brown in color and transfer it to a tissue paper.
Then fry the ground nut , this will take some time , then strain the ground nut and add it to the fried gram. Then fry the curry leaves and cashew separately and strain those too.
Finally check the oil , make sure its enough to fry poha , because it has a tendency to suck more oil. pour the poha once fried strain it completely and mix everything evenly add the salt and red chilly powder . Store it in the airtight container , i am sure this will stay good for 10 to 12 days.
- you need to fry everything separately .
- Poha or aval usually sucks more oil so while frying check the oil quantity .
- I have used semi thick poha so the moment i pour it started puffing so i immediately strain it.
- You can try few variations of adding some dried grapes and little sugar for sweet taste like we get in haldirams chivda.
- If u feel the oil is too much for frying poha just pour the poha in the strainer and keep the strainer in the hot oil to get it fried.
- Instead of red chilly you can add pepper powder too.