Guacamole Dip with step by step photos and explanation
Guacamole is an avocado based dip that originated from the aztecs in Mexico. It has also become a part of american dip, salad, condiment . It is traditional made by smashing the avocado and sea salt using the mortal and pestle.some recipes call for onion ,tomato , coriander leaves, lime juice and green chilly & some additional seasonings. (source wiki)I have taken as such, infact i loved the dip a lot, i do not expect any tortilla chips or bread to make sandwiches. I have prepared this recipe couple of months back. I totally forgot, when i checked my draft i thought this is a right time to post ,Pls try and give me the feed back . Please ensure you are using the Ripe Avocado.
Avocado – 1 medium size (completely Ripe)
Onion – 1 medium size
Tomato – 1 large size
salt -as required
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Green chilly – 1 tsp finely chopped
Coriander leaves – as required to garnish .
Check the Avocado are ripe,Then cut in to two halves and remove the seeds, then scoop the flesh from the avocado or if u can cut it then finely chop it. For the dip It has to be smashed.
Chop the tomato , onion, green chilly and cut the coriander leaves,too, add the veggies one by one in the vessel and add the pepper powder, smash the avocado and add the lime juice and adjust salt, mix well.
serve it with Bread, or tortilla chips. Its works well, Or else it can be taken as well. otherwise try it with cheese stuffed bread .
- Check the avocado is ripe before u cut, it will be very dark in color also if u just give a pinch u can feel it.
- If u like any other herbs it can be added.
- Try it with other dressings like italian or oregano combination.
- If u have olives and jalapeno, it can be used
- If u like garlic flavor, just add the shredded one 1/2 tsp .
- Smashing the avacoda will give a nice creamy texture.