Paneer Tikka Masala with step by step photos and clear instruction :
Paneer tikka masala is an indian side dish which is made out of paneer tikka , onion paste,tomato puree and other spices along with cream/milk/ yogurt.Usually it is served for the butter naan/ phulka / jeera rice and plain rice. The paneer tikka can be grilled or oven roasted or pan fried. The spices should be balanced with tikka . So smokey flavor of paneer and masala’s are well blend in the gravy.
To make the Gravy :
Onion – 3 medium size
Tomato – 2 medium size (finely chopped)
Tomato – 3 medium size for making the puree
Ginger – 2 tsp shredded
garlic – 2 tsp shredded
Turmeric powder – a pinch
red chilly powder – 2 tsp
garam masala powder – 2 tsp
coriander powder – 1 tsp
milk/ cream/ curd – 1/4 cup (i used milk)
Kasthuri methi leaves – 1 tsp crushed.
salt – as required
Butter – 1 tbsp
oil – 1tbsp
Paneer tikka skewers – 3 medium size stick (refer the step by step procedure for making the Paneer tikka)
For making the paneer tikka, take a bowl full of thick curd or hung curd, add the ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, salt,red chilly powder, coriander powder , garam masala powder,kasthuri methi leaves, crushed jeera,lemon .mix everything gently,Then add the Paneer, peppers,tomato and onion.and keep it in the freezer for onehour, take it out then arrange it in the skewers, and brush it with oil (optional) and keep it in the preheated over for 15 minutes or till its cooked. Then keep the paneer tikka separately.
For making the gravy :
Cut the onion in to four or five halves, then take the kadai add the onion and full tomato add the water (immerse level) , add required amt of salt,and boil it for 5 to 10 minutes, till the tomato skin shrinks, i got it in 5 minutes as i kept the flame in high. Off the flame , and grind the onion and tomato separately. Keep the boiled water separately as we are going to use it for making the gravy.
Heat the kadai add the butter, and oil once melt, add the jeera once cracked add the onion paste saute for minute, once the raw smell goes add the shredded ginger, garlic and saute till raw smell goes. Then add the finely chopped tomato. saute well, so that it mixes well with onion paste,
Finely add the kasthuri methi leaves by crushing in between the palms.mix it.
it can be served for Naan/ Roti/ Phulka/ Jeera rice/ Plain Rice . I served for phulk, with salad.
- I have used the store bought paneer this time (milky mist ) .If you wish to make Paneer at home check the step by step procedures here.
- Also if you want you can replace the garam masala powder with Tandoori masala powder.
- Make sure There is not raw smell in the gravy , saute well once all the spices are added.
- I have used milk for the rich consistency, If you wish you can cream .
- You can make the Paneer tikka in advance and proceed with the gravy next day .
- Spices can be altered according to the family taste.
- I used the home made tomato puree, you can also use the store bought one. The color of the gravy may change.
- Instead of shredded ginger garlic, you can use garlic ginger paste, i felt its over masala, so opted for shredded
- Make sure the paneer are grilled properly .