Sukku coffee recipe with detailed explanation :
Preparation time : 5 minutes
cooking time : Less than 10 minutes (if u have hot milk in hand )
Servings – 1 cup + 1/2 cup
Dry ginger coffee powder – 3/4 tsp (+ a pinch if needed)
Jaggery – 2 1/2 tbsp (powdered)
milk – 3/4 cup
water – 1 cup
Elachi – a pinch (optional ) / Cardamon
Take the powdered jaggery in a desired vessel. add the water allow it to heat, once the jaggery dissolves completely , add the dry ginger powder (sukku powder ) mix well , allow it to boil . Once boiled off the flame.
Mean while ready with the hot milk. Make sure the milk is hot. Take a desired cup and pour the half cup of jaggery water mix through strainer and rest with hot milk , give a stir and have it . you feel Bliss… serve hot, if you feel the coffee is not warm, try to do double boil method instead of heating it directly after adding the milk.
- Instead of jaggery , palm candy can be used Also sugar can also be replaced.
- But i would suggest to try with Jaggery
- Its purely your choice for the consistency of this milk, if u want more jaggery , then reduce the milk
- Otherwise if u want milk flavor reduce the jaggery water consistency
- The above recipe is well balanced .
- Do not add the the milk over the jaggery while boiling, it will be curdle.
- So add the milk once the jaggery water is ready and make sure you off the flame
- Do not heat the milk jaggery mixture , it will easily get the curdle.
- I have used the readymade version of Sukku coffee powder , you can even prepare the batch and use the home made version .
- Do not add more sukku powder , than mentioned , it will be very spicy and bitter
- If u do not want milk it can be taken as such with jaggery water
- Make sure the milk is hot and jaggery water is hot so that u can taste the perfect drink