BREAD PAKORA/BREAD BHAJJI WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS AND CLEAR INSTRUCTION :
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
yield – 15 medium size bhajji
To make the batter :
Gram flour – 1/2 Cup
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
salt- as required
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
hing – a pinch
Baking soda – a pinch
To Deep fry
Bread slices – 15 pieces
Oil – to deep fry
Take a wide vessel add the ingredients mentioned under ” TO make the batter” give a mix and pour the water and make the batter. The consistency of the batter should be our idly dosai batter neither too thick nor too solid.
Then take the bread slices and cut in to four or two halves, i prefer four halves work fine 🙂 . Mean while heat the enough oil to deep fry wait till its hot. Now dip the slice of bread in the batter and pour it in the hot oil.
Wait till its fried on both side and strain the oil completely , serve it with Chutney, we had as such.
- Do not soak the bread in the batter for long time, this will make the bread to become soggy and you cannot deep fry it.
- The same can be done in shallow frying method too. I tried and it came damm good.
- If you like
- Make sure you dip the bread every time before you pouring in the hot oil.
- You can make variations by adding shredded garlic,ginger and some garam masala powder
- I have not used any color, if you want you can add some colors in the batter