Learn how to make Bread Soup from left over corners of the breads.
The idea of using the bread Crust i got it from Jey blog . But i changed few things, to suit my family taste. Before you proceed,
- Don’t use the white/brown part of the bread. If you use it easily gets thicken, every time u need to adjust the consistency. Better use the Side crust alone. I realized after my use.
- Serve immediately i do not think you can use the soup for later purpose. Its best to serve hot.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Servings – 3 members
Bread – 3 medium size
Herb oil – 1 tbsp+ 1 tsp
salt – as required
Onion – 1 medium size
Tomato – 1 medium size
Coriander leaves – to temper (optional)
Cut the bread in to small sizes else use the remaining crust of bread. chop the onion and Tomato. Heat the kadai pour the 2 tbsp of herb oil, do add the garlic,and other herbs that it has. Once its hot. Add the onion and saute till it changes it colors.
Then add the Tomato and saute for a minutes, Then add the sliced bread and saute for 5 minutes, once bread is little soggy . off the flame allow it to cool completely ! Then grind in to a smooth paste.
Then heat the kadai ! and add the paste and add some water for the consistency ! adjust salt. Once its boil off the flame .If you want you can temper it with coriander leaves. serve it with Toasted bread.
- If you are using herb oil , then no need to add any other flavoring ingredients as herb oil itself has all the aroma.
- If u do not have herb oil, just use the normal oil. and add the flavoring ingredients like pepper, oregano. and other herbs.
- Adding 1/2 cup of milk is an optional !
- Making sure you are serving immediately,
- I have used my brown bread, any bread can be used, May the color of soup change.
- Use only the crust not the center part . Otherwise it will be thick and tough to take it as soup.