Healthy Cabbage soup – Learn how to make ?
Do check out my other Soup Recipes !
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Servings – 3 members
Cabbage – 1 1/2 cup chopped
salt – as required
cumin powder – 2 tsp
Cooked Dal – 2 tbsp
Olive oil – 1tsp
Onion – 1 medium size
Garlic – 1 nos
Water – 1 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup optional
Pepper – 1 tbsp coarsely powdered
Chop the cabbage and wash it. Then add a 3/4 cup of water,required amt of salt and pressure cook the cabbage in the cooker for 3 whistles and off the flame.Once cool down.
Strain the water completely and reserve it for later use 🙂 Now grind the cabbage in to smooth paste. Then add the reserved water and grind it once again. Again Strain the mixture . You get a semi liquid cabbage water.
Heat the kadai and add the oil, once heat add the chopped garlic along with chopped onion. saute for minute or till the color changes, then add the cabbage water give a nice stir. the moment it starts boiling, keep the flame in to low and add the cooked dal along with 1/4 cup of water. If needed this stage you can 1/2 cup milk too.
let it boil, then off the flame , add the coarsely grounded pepper and while serving add the cumin powder. You can serve it in a cup itself instead of Bowl, its drinkable as such !
- Adding milk is an optional i have not added it , but if you like you can.
- Also do add the coarsely powdered pepper it has a different taste.
- Adding dal will give a light thick consistency.
- If you want thick consistency of soup , then add the 1tbsp of corn flour in the 1/4 cup of warm milk and add it to the soup and allow it to be in the flame for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- It can be made without onion and garlic too. For kids you can add a butter while tempering. instead of oil.