- Always keep flavored oils refrigerated. Infused oils last about 1 month when stored properly.
- Allow flavored oils to sit out at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes before each use.
- Don’t use flavored oils for deep-frying—leftover particles will burn.
- When gifting flavored oils, include storage instructions as well as serving suggestions.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Mixing time : 5 minutes
Idle timings : 2 hours.
Olive oil – 200 gms
Oregano– 1/8 tsp
pepper – 2tsp (coarsely powdered)
dried basil – 1 tbsp
Italian seasoning – 1 tbsp
salt – as required
Garlic – 4 large finely chopped
Dry Red chilly – 3 nos finely chopped. Else replace it with flakes.
Keep it for 2 hours, so that the herbs infuse the flavors to the oil. whenever you are using just give a mix. It can be a great spread, for Bread.
Dip it , toast it or mix it ! purely your choice !
- The oil can be stored in the fridge for long live.
- Give some resting time after all the ingredients added so that the flavors will infuse their aroma in the oil.
- You can also use this oil while kneading the chapathi, or pizza or for buns.
- Also all the herbs measurement can be adjusted as per need.
- Make sure you do not add more Oregano in the herb,else it will dominate the flavors.
- Coriander leaves can be replaced if you do not find basil
- I used the store bought dried basil
- Use the clean dry Glass.
- You can even heat the oil for 3 minutes before you add the spices, once heat add the spices, bring it to room temperature keep it idle for 2 hours and then store it!