Schezwan Noodles Recipe
The stick i have shown here is for the picture sake, i never used it for eating, also i never knew how to use it .
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking :30 minutes
Servings – 3 people
Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
Spring onion – 1 bunch
Color peppers – 1/2 cup cut in to strips
capsicum – 1/4 cup cut in to strips
schezwan sauce – 2 tbsp + 1tsp (adjust the taste as per family need so 1 tsp is optional)
salt – as required
Cooked noodles – 2 cups
soya sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
green chilly sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
red sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
Coriander leaves – few to temper (but when you are using spring green parts omit this)
Boil the noodles by adding the enough water with and once cooked strain the water completely and wash the noodles in running water for twice and a tbsp of oil and give a gentle mix.This way you can avoid the stickiness of noodles from one other.
Meanwhile chop the veggies. and heat the kadai and pour the oil once hot add the chopped onion and saute for minute then add the rest of the veggies and give a mix, wait till half cooked, Then add the schezwan sauce (this is the time if u wish you can add other sauce like soya , green chilly and red) , keep the flame in high, and give a stir till everything blend and fiery smoky smell comes.
Once the veggies cooked , keep the flame in low and add the cooked noodles, slowly mix it, make sure you are not breaking the long thread , gently mix for 5 more minutes and add the required amt of salt, mix well . keep the flame in the high for 3 minutes and off the flame. Make sure you are not burning the noodles so always stir it.
It can be tempered with coriander leaves or spring onion green leaves, serve it with Any sauce type gravy or some Manchurian, I served it with Baby corn Manchurian !
- I have not add the garlic as my sauce has loads of garlic i omitted it . if you prefer still you can add a tbsp of shredded garlic.
- Also i want the sczhewan sauce flavors as dominant so i have not added any sauce. You can plan as per your need.
- Cook the noodles as per the instruction given in the packet or your usually method.
- I have avoided the tomato as i already added the tomato in the sczhewan sauce. If you like to add please feel free to do the variations.
- Cook the vegetables in higher flame after sauce added and feel the fiery smoky flavor.