Preparation time : 1 hour (includes marination time )
Toasting Time : less than 30 minutes
Servings – 2 members
To Grind :
Pepper – 2tsp
Mint leaves – 8 strands
Garlic – 4 large size
Green chilly – 1 nos
Salt – as required
Olive oil – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Baby corn – 10 nos
Gram flour – 2 1/2 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
salt – as required
Water – just to sprinkle.
Oil – 1 tbsp
Remove the skin of the baby corn and wash it , Then cut in to two halves and boil it till its 3/4th cooked. Then strain the baby corn completely.
Now take the to Grind ingredients and grind it nicely, Then take the paste and add the gram flour , corn flour ,red chilly powder, cumin powder along with salt, if you make a paste fine else sprinkle some water and tbsp of oil. make a nice paste. And add the strained baby corn and coat it completely and allow it to idle for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes ,Take the oven tray and keep the baking paper and arrange baby corn in order. If needed you can brush it with oil too again . Pre heat the oven for 20 minutes as per the oven need.Then toast it for 20 – 30 minutes at 200 degree Delius . after first 10 minutes, turn the baby corn to other sides, so that it evenly toasted .
Once the corn is crispy and color changed , remove it from the oven and it can be served with green chutney or some kebab chutney.
- Do not use the tender baby corn use medium baby corn, which gives nice crispy corn.
- Spices can be adjusted as per family need. But do add mint leaves, it gives extra flavor.
- If you are doing large batch , toast it in two batches.
- It can be made in advance and before serving you can re heat the toasted baby corn.
- Mine got ready in 25 minutes so keep eye after 10 minutes.
- Using medium size baby corn gives nice crispy fritters outside and little soft inside.