Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : less than 15 minutes
Servings – 3 ppl
Sour curd – 1 cup
Suva /dill leaves – 1 tbsp
Gram flour – 2 tbsp
turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
salt – as required
water – 1 to 1 /2 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
green chilly – 2 tbsp finely chopped
ginger – 1 tsp shredded
curry leaves – for tempering
ghee – 1 tsp
mustard seeds – 1 tsp
red chilly – 2 nos
Jeera/ cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Take a desired vessel add the yogurt then add 1/2 cup of water and whisk it, make sure no lumps formed. if the consistency is thick then add 1/2 more cup of water adjust the water level as per need. Then add the salt, gram flour, turmeric and suva leaves. whisk the mixture nicely and make sure no lumps.
Take a kadai and pour oil once hot, add the ginger, green chilly and curry leaves, saute well then add the curd mixture and keep the flame to low or medium . stir the mixture then and there and make sure its not forming any lumps. Then check the consistency too. if its become too thick add water and adjust salt.
Once the mixture starts thickening and cooked , no raw smell , off the flame. Remember do not allow it to boil completely . Now take a small kadai and pour ghee once melt add the mustard seeds once cracked add the cumin seeds and red chilly saute then transfer it to the kadhi. give a gentle mix.
Serve it with hot phulka, plain rice and some jeera rice too. Its very light and healthy. Apt for summer !
- The consistency of kadhi should be semi solid, it can be adjusted for family too
- I have used ghee for tempering, you can use normal oil too
- Do not ever add suva more than mentioned, it will be too flavoring plus it will have bittertaste.
- Few people add cinnamon and other spices , i want it plain plus less flavors, so opted as per my family choice.
- While keeping the curd mixture in flame make sure its medium do not keep in high flame, otherwise end up having curdle mixture.
- Few people add sugar for the curd due to sourness, mine is not that sour, its optional.
- If you donot want to add the dill leaves directly you can saute it in the oil for a minute then add it.