Tea kadai Bonda is all time favorite and its been long i wanted to post some thing i personally like. I tasted this tea kadai kara bonda in my Husbands native, they have added some spinach, and it was served very hot. Without knowing i had three bondas 🙁 In the same tea kadai (shop) i like their sweet version of Bonda too which is name Vettu cake. I loved both the version of bonda But personal choice is for Sweet .
The required ingredients can be customized as per choice, but remember serve this bonda as hot as else end up feeling choked in the throat. Also i suggest to add more onion which gives some less dense, so that it can be consumed easily. Which l learnt after i feel that the gram flour is dense. I do not advise this menu for party or get together because it wont be nice. So i suggest you to make when your family presents. prepare hot and serve hot.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cooking time : 15 minutes
- Yield – 8 nos
- Gram flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 2 medium size chopped in to strips
- APF – 1 tbsp ( optional – All purpose flour)
- salt – as required
- green chilly – 1 nos finely chopped
- red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- coriander leaves – 1/2 cup chopped washed
- oil – to deep fry
- Water – as required to make
Take a wide vessel add the gram flour, rice flour , all purpose flour along with salt, green chilly , chopped onion ,coriander leaves, red chilly powder. give a mix, then slowly add the water, and mix it gently .
The consistency of the batter should be thick if its sticky do not worry once mixed add the baking soda and mix it once again. Now heat the enough oil to deep fry , once its heat, take a required amt of batter if needed it can be rounded to the shape and drop it in the hot oil. now keep the flame to medium . keep stirring occasionally, wait till both sides cooked. Its always best to cook the bonda in medium flame so that in the inner part of bonda too cooked. Else only the outer part gets cooked. inner will be uncooked.
Serve it hot, you can also serve it with Hot Tea, I loved mine with Green tea.
- I have missed adding onion in the mixture, do add the onion it will give the extra flavor and taste.
- you can customize the flavors as per need by adding the crushed jeera, or fennel.
- If you do not serve hot, its tough to eat. The hotter the taste.